Monday, March 25, 2013

The Big Freeze

If I could have a drum roll please:

I have lost 29 lbs.  Yes, that's right.  I have lost more than what my actual child weighs after gaining some...AND I'm pretty damn proud of myself.  I'm still jonesing for real food, but really, I'm jonesing for it because I'm eager to start eating the good stuff I always ate, and watch it actually work.


One of the drawbacks of dramatic weight loss though, is the perpetual feeling of being cold.  My body is losing so much of it's insulation, that I'm constantly cold.  So cold in fact, that I slept in two pairs of pajamas and my slippers under my down duvet and an extra down blanket on top of that.


As I write this post, I'm wearing 2 pairs of pj pants, and am bundled up in a down blanket.  I'm.  Freaking.  Cold.  And I'm freaking furiously happy that this is my current first world problem.

I'm still on a puree regiment, but with solid foods firmly in site once again, I have to admit my eagerness has already gotten the better of me.  I stole a tortilla chip and dip this morning, and it was bad, but it was sooooo good.


The price I'm paying for it is slightly more gas than I'm used to, and it was almost immediate.  I imagine that it will take a good long while for me to figure out the new messages my body is sending me.  I told my husband yesterday it's like the top of my tummy says, you're all good - not hungry, but the bottom part of my tummy is screaming "Feed Me Seymour".  And yes, as a die hard foodie, these last three weeks have been almost unbearably torturous.  There have been moments where if I had been stuck in some kind of POW camp, I would have traded all my secrets for one bite of a cucumber.  Just a nibble of a piece of chicken would have bought them at least a secret or two...and for a full sit down meal, I would have bargained off a loved one.


Well, almost.

So Wednesday still can't come fast enough, and in the meantime, I'm going to go as soft and creamy as I can, so that when I am able to eat real food again, it's at the very least, seriously enjoyable.




No comments:

Post a Comment