Monday, April 1, 2013

Flu Diet Phenomenon

No matter your choice of method for losing weight, nothing helps break the plateaus and weight barriers quite like a good bout of the flu.

Since I started on solids again last week, it's been a struggle to break the 30 lb barrier.  I bounced up and down, and well, getting around some of the junk in the house has been a bit challenging, particularly with Easter on it's way, and birthday's fast approaching.  Yeah - to say sticking to a good diet was hard would be an understatement.  I honestly could have knocked it out of the park if I hadn't been dealing with Aunt Flo and a husband who can't seem to indulge in my favourite snack foods you know - after I've left the room.

But fast forward to Easter Sunday when I'm woken up twice in the wee hours of the morning by a 2 year old who has decided she misses the times when she wouldn't sleep through the night, and then alarmingly, I'm woken up a third time by you guessed it, the flu.  Yeppers - so much for the big family dinner at mom's.  I ate 1 slice of toast all day long.  yep...when I finally felt good enough to be vertical, I got on the scale to confirm that I was now 5 lbs less than the previous day.  This makes the total weight loss since I started my preop diet to 31 lbs.  Yay me!

So this is the key - you can lose plenty of weight if you limit yourself to water and one slice of bread each day.  You'll die doing it, and it feels dreadful...but it works!

If only I could figure out how to bottle that and sell it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment